Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My nose job

Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm. After a few months of pain and pressure, we went to see Dr. Capener and he gave me the bad news. Another surgery was inevitable. I didn't want to believe that this was my life and so I went to see Dr. Baker for a second opinion and he confirmed what Dr. Capener said. So it was back under the knife. I just had surgery in September and I was about 4 months recovering. I mean like 4 months until I felt like my old self and was not on any medication. So then I had about 1 month where I was exercising again, lost my steroid weight, and felt really good. Then it started over...I was trying to be aggressive this time too. I was irrigating my sinuses twice a day (not with sprinkler pipe) and taking all the known medicines to help prevent polyps from forming again. But it was not helping. So I'm a little discouraged this go around. They told me that I would probably need surgery again but that maybe they can lengthen the time inbetween. I'm hoping for more than a month this time. Actually, I'm really hoping for a summer without pain and pressure and no drugs. Is that too much to ask?
Has anyone heard of a sinus transplant? Do they do that procedure in this country? Sounds risky. For now, I'll stick to drowning myself daily and my steroids I guess. My mom has been here taking care of me. It's probably good she only had one daughter. That wa I don't have to share her. This is the 4th time she's come to Driggs to care for me in the last 3 years. Maybe we could add on an extra room for her to move in. I wouldn't mind that, my dad might though. He could come visit on weekends.

1 comment:

taggdarci said...

Taun, I am so sorry that you have to continue down this painful process!! Not fun, I can't even imagine. I'm glad that you're mom has been there to take care of you. Please don't hesitate to call us - we'd be glad to help out in anyway! Praying for your quick recovery!