Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Holy Cow! The Road...


Has anyone read this? It scared the beejeebee's out of me. What was Oprah thinking recommending it for her book club? Pen was reading it with her book club so I jumped on the band wagon. We were gone for Spring Break and she emailed me :

Subject Line: The Road

"Okay don't get it don't read it. It is very depressing and sad. I will have to tell you what it is about but I don't reallylike it. I can see how it is good and all but very sad" (exact words)

So of course I'm curious and have to read it now. But the second night I was reading it, I got scared and had to tell Chad to come to bed early, then I woke up in the night thinking about it and couldn't go back to sleep and I kept singing "I am a Child of God" in my head.

So, has anyone read it? What did you think? I think I'll go stock up on food storage now.

Now I'm wondering what we should read next...anyone suggestions?

1 comment:

Battfam said...

I just read "The Book Thief" and quite liked it. You can read about it on Amazon and see if sounds like something you would like.