Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break 2008

Because I can only post a few photos at a time, I thought I'd blog day by day of our road trip to the Oregon Coast. We were taking our niece, Waklee, (far left) back to Portland and decided to see some sights along the way. So after spending the night in Boise (Day 1) with our great, pinochle playing, friends, the Hills, we got up early and my goal was to make it to Bend before lunch. One thing we will remember about our lunch in Bend, is that Sis ordered a huge plate of nachos that she "had" to have. She didn't even take one bite. "She didn't like it, it tastes bad!" So she didn't live that down the rest of the trip. I don't know if she ever will. After Bend, we traveled through the Sisters. We have been through here before, and loved it. It is beautiful and I wanted to take some scenic byways and see a little more of this area.
We stopped at a little park along the river in Sisters, Oregon.
This was a little side trip off the beaten path to Cougar Dam. It was a pretty drive up with lots of waterfalls. I was wishing it was warmer and we had our boat...looks like a pretty place to tour by boat. Day 2 ended in downtown Eugene at the Hilton where the pool was freezing cold and the kids had to spend their time in the hot tub.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: