Sunday, March 16, 2008

The best cookies



I saw my friend Kelsee Dalling at the annual Mud Lake Lion's Club Basketball Tournament yesterday. And it's Sunday afternoon and I like to bake on Sunday afternoons. But one Christmas, Kelsee made the best cookies and delivered them to my in-laws in Hamer. Her recipe has been my favorite cookie recipe ever since. So I thought that I would share.



1 1/2 c. soft butter/marg.
1/2 c. sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 t. vanilla
Cream, add:
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 5.1 ounce pkg. instant vanilla pudding
3 1/3 c. flour
1 pkg. choc. chips

Bake @ 375 for 9-11 min.


The dough is kind of gooey. So you have to spoon it on, and take them out of the oven when they don't look quite done.

By the way, Mud Lakers (Chad's team) going into the championship game undefeated.

Shippens 66 * Mud Lakers 65

They won it with a luck shot from way out...heartbreaker.


3 comments:

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Not Fair. The picture of the cookies looks so so yummy.

Cassie said...

All I have to say is YUMMY! I have this recipe too, and you are right, this it THE BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. I may have to make cookies today. My kids will thank you.

Marisa said...

Ohhhh, I'm going to have to try those.

It's funny because I was actually thinking of starting a recipe tag because I just tried a new 1 minute no fail chocolate frosting from Cooks Illustrated and it was fantastic!

Thanks for the recipe.