Monday, May 18, 2009

Hot Pots~Then and Now

When we lived in Arco, we went to the Carey Hot Pots that you can see along side the road. We went with our friends, the Hansens. We got there and there were people there. There was a dog swimming in the water. The water was luke warm. It was the middle of the winter. The people already in the water weren't that "clean" looking. There were beer cans strewn about.

So our friends invited us here...I didn't want to look like a 'whanny'. I'm like "oh, ya..I love hot pots". Chad's looking at me like "oh brother, I know you're hating this." I really was trying so hard not to look like a wussy girl in front of our new friends...ok, our only friends! But let me tell you, it was so gross. All I could think about was the naked people in there from the night before and the dog hair and slobber from the dog I was swimming with and all the diseases I was going to contract from the luke warm water that was not moving through fast enough. It was nasty!
Well, just on Saturday, we went 4-wheeling above Green Canyon and found our own little Hot Pot and this was a much better spot. No dogs. No beer bottles. Hot water. Moving water. It even had a rope swing. It helped that Faren had found it the week before and gave us the head's up on packing our suits and some towels...

Sicilee swingin'
Val showin' us how it's done.

3 comments:

Myrnie said...

What a fun place, huh? Love finding new great places close to home. Great pics! I remember how grossed out you were at the other place. :(

Kim said...

That looks like such a great place. I've never been a big fan of hot pots. They are just so . . . yucky. Those ones look like fun though.

Nikki said...

Hey Taun. I left you a message Friday afternoon. Did you get it? Hope you had a great time! Wish we could have seen you!