Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary


We never do anything for our anniversary...it's Dec. 16th. I remember my aunt Karen telling me not to get married this close to Christmas. But when you're young and in love, you don't care. But now...it stinks. We are always feeling poor because it's so close to Christmas. The weather is crappy. When Chad used to coach, he always had a ball game that night...Happy Anniversary...come watch me coach. We'll have a slice of warmed up pizza and celebrate, except you'll be in the bleachers with 3 screaming kids, cleaning up spilled sunkist pop and I'll be down on the bench, mad and frustrated because I can't win a game.
So last year, we decided to do something big for our up coming anniversary and we decided we'd celebrate it at a better time. So we took a cruise and Penny and Eric came with us. It was a great vacation...spent with my two favorite people (and Eric, no offense).
We docked in San Diego. We took to trolley around and spent a very relaxing day seeing the sights there. Penny kept getting in trouble with the trolley driver...apparently she 'missed the memo' about not talking while the tour guide was talking.
We anchored up in Avalon on Catalina Island. This was my favorite stop. I would love to go back there and live for a summer. It was beautiful. I loved the little streets, everyone drove golf carts, it was clean. Loved it!

We snorkled in Catalina...I was terrified of sharks. I stuck to our guide. Chad loved snorkling and kept getting left and the instructor would yell "keep up in back, swim, catch up!" We were suppose to stick with a buddy, use the buddy system, but my buddy liked to go out deep and into the kelp where you couldn't see what was down there...(like sharks) so I made a new buddy...the instructor. I figured he would save me when I got drug out to sea by a blood-thirsty shark. Chad wouldn't even know I was gone until it was too late.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brooke Bailey said...

Fun for you guys! That looks like a great time! I had to laugh at your Eric comment.:)

Nikki said...

Hey LaTaun! I'm glad you got to do something fun! Chris and I are going to Maui on Tuesday for a week! We are leaving the kids with his parents! I, too, am terrified of sharks! We will be snorkeling a lot. Hope we come back in one piece!!!! Nikki