Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm ADDICTED!!!

I can't get enough. I hear about a book and I look it up on GoodReads. Then I'm stuck. I start reading reviews and they lead to another book. Then that leads to more reviews.
That leads to me going on half.com and ordering the book. I've ordered 5 books in the last week for .75 cents each. I was waiting patiently by the mailbox...going crazy because I had nothing to read. I didn't know what to do with myself. I had to read the Ensign cover to cover (not such a bad thing).
But I've realized how addicted I am to reading. I can't sit without having a book, i.e. waiting for my kids at piano lessons, sitting at high school soccer games, shoeing horses with Chad, etc.
So yesterday, it came! One of my five books. I was so excited to open the package and see which one it was! It was Frankenstein. Just in time for Halloween. It's interesting so far, written by a 19 yr. old girl in 1816. It is said to be the first book to spark the sci-fi craze. Not really my first choice of genre but Pen's reading for her book club, so we'll see...
I would love to see what you're reading/read and read your reviews. Goodreads.com

4 comments:

Brooke Bailey said...

Don't know if you're into 'self-help' books, but "The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands" by Laura Schlessinger is a must read by all women.

Lataun said...

thanks brooke, I'll research it on goodreads...are you a reader? I'll invite you as my friend..

Unknown said...

Hi Lataun...I'm glad to see a fellow reader out there. I have a lot of suggestions for you when you are bored. How are you and your family doing? I signed up at Shelfari and I also have been at good reads....you should check both out! Are you guys sick of Teton yet? Let me know when you need another good book to read!

Kristie Scott

Unknown said...

Hey Lataun...I'm also at good reads. My student teacher from last year actually got me into this one. I liked shelfari, cause you can post a bookshelf on your blog. I'm sure you can do something fancy with it also. Anyway, yes I've read Life of Pi. I'm currently in the process of re-reading it for school, but it is one of the most intriguing and interesting books I've read. You will especially have to let me know what you thought about the ending! It is one of the best and most perplexing endings to a book I've ever read! Tell me when you get there and what you think. Kristie