Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yum Yum


Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup butter softened (use butter)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt (I leave this out)
2 t. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 cups flour (start w/2 cups and work up)
Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. roll out 1/4 " thick (or a little thinner). Bake @ 375 for 8 min, no longer than that. Makes about 3 dozen.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1 t. vanilla

Add a small amount of milk (2 Tablespoons or so) and enough powdered sugar to make the right consistancy.

The finished product. . . so good! I scored some major points with Chad yesterday. These are his favorite!

3 comments:

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Oh I am so glad you posted this cause I needed it and now I don't have to dig for it. I luv these cookies!

Brooke Bailey said...

My G-ma would always make sour cream cookies. I was just thinking about her today and wondering where I could get the recipe. Thanks for being inspired.:)

Nikki said...

Thanks! I'm making them today, too!!!!