Monday, August 4, 2008

HE DID IT!!!!!




Ever since we moved here, Chad has been campaigning to climb the Grand Teton. There is a guy in our ward who has climbed it multiple times. He FINALLY called Chad on Wednesday night at about 8 p.m. and on Thursday morning, Chad was on his way. He was like a little kid on Christmas Eve. He was all giddy and jittery. He couldn't focus and said "Taun, help me get ready. I can't think straight."

He attempted to climb the Teton about 5 years ago with my brothers, Val and Faren. They didn't make it to the top because it had rained the night before and turned to ice. They were also with amatuer (spell check plz) climbers who didn't know what they were doing. I have a bunch of pictures that I wanted to put in a little scrapbook for him, but he didn't want me to because he didn't reach the top. He came within about 200 yards. Now I can finish his book and he can be proud of his accomplishment.


Isn't this picture awesome? You can see the shadow of the Grand and off to the right is Tablerock.
This is the very top...you can kind of see the little circle on the rock that marks the highest point. Good Job Chad! Not many people can say they've hiked the Grand.

3 comments:

granny janny said...

It makes me feel scared to even think of you on top of the Grand but hey congratulations!! Couldn't you find something safer to do!!!!

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

I think that is so cool!

Marisa said...

Awesome! Glad he made it. Glad he took pictures... ;)