Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School

Sicilee started Junior High this year. She was nervous...I was nervous. I kept asking her "how are you going to get between classes and not get lost? What if your locker jams?" She did fine her first week and is really enjoying 6th grade and her new freedom. She was so excited that she could chew gum in school. That was a highlight. She and River ride the same bus home. She was telling me yesterday that 4 boys have asked her to "go out" with them. That's not a highlight of 6th grade. I was telling Penny about this and she was sharing one of her jr. high romances and it cracks me up. Maybe she should blog about that. Great story!
A huge HUGE part of the first day of school is "how to do my hair!!!" Just like we've been planning what to wear, we've been planning the hair-do. So Sis opted for the curly look. We love Aunt Darci coming up to help us out with hair-cuts and highlights.
Our first day of school morning was a complete caios. Sis thought she allotted plenty of time but she ended up missing the bus. Haddi was still recovering from the flu and was on the fence whether to even go to the first day of school. Indee was my trooper. Up at the crack of dawn, ready to walk out the door, and so excited. Indee's biggest concern about 1st grade was the lunch idea. I hated to break it to her...that they didn't serve cheese tacos for lunch everyday. Me and Haddi had to sit her down and tell her that there were no cheese tacos, that you only had one choice, and that they made you eat stuff on your plate. She asked me if she could take some cheese and tortilla and make her own there. We received a lunch menu and she's worried about it every morning.
Had went for the curly hair also. Haddi did end up going to the first day of school and she has Mrs. Agnew. She has a bunch of girls in her class and the biggest class in Tetonia which equates to a lot of drama.
Indee loves headbands. So we did the messy bun and headband. Indee's hair looks so red in the sun like that.

4 comments:

Myrnie said...

Wow...love the hairdos! They all look so grown up...not sure I love that idea. What beautiful girls they are! (Not prejudice one single bit)

taggdarci said...

Great job on the hair do's! I'm sure that is a fun job every morning with 3 girls in school! Good thing they've got a mom who is hair savvy. I think Sic looks like Stacia in that first pic - they all look so beautiful. I'm glad they like their cuts and highlights, it's always fun to get to spend some time with them.

Marisa said...

I just re-read this post. Sicilee is in JUNIOR HIGH!?!?!?!? Holy cow.

at least that means we've been friends for a long time. That makes me smile. :)

nina said...

How in the heck did you get sisily's hair like that?? That is my dream hair do. Is it bad to be jealous of a 6th grader? Selina