Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Rest of the Story...

Ok, some of you want the whole story behind this picture.
Here it is in not so many words.
Girl gets ears pierced.
Girl doesn't like her ears pierced.
Girl goes to Lake Powell and jumps off high cliffs
and gets pounded on the tube for 4 long days.
Girl wakes up and her stud earing is halfway through her ear.
(yes, that's right...the front, stud part is inside her ear.)
We cannot get it back out the front hole.  It had to have come through the front hole to get inside her ear...but it's stuck in there.
Girl is scared.
Mom has tried everything.
Mom calls Dr. Kunz.  (he's not a real dr. but he plays one on t.v.)
Mom ices ear.
Mom and Aunt pin/calm girl down.
 Aunt freaks out.
Mom is calm.
Girl can't look.
Dr. is excited...
Sicilee is there for moral support.
And the operation was a success.  We had to cut it out the backside.
And the funny thing is, Haddi thought that her earing went inside her ear while she slept...I don't think so.

8 comments:

Myrnie said...

That was some serious drama. Poor Haddi...was so excited to get her ears pierced, but now wishes she wouldn't have. She got a kick out of my story the other day when she asked me the story behind my own ear piercing!

Battfam said...

Owie! I can't look. I always imagined something like that happening to me. I guess that's why I've never pierced my ears. I would like to hear your mom's story though.

Brooke Bailey said...

Ouchie! Good thing that girl is tough like her mama!

Phil and KaraDawn said...

OK-That is not even funny! That poor girl.

Nikki said...

WOW!!!

granny janny said...

It is a good thing she didn't see Eric's operating instrument----yikes, that would have scared me!!! Good job, Haddi, way to be brave!!!!

di said...

Yikes, what a story to tell her girls when she gets older.
Haddi might like her aunts story with a potato!

Nate and Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! I'm glad you guys had a "doctor" available :)