Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lake Powell

Ok, so I have all of July and half of August to catch up.  But I don't want to leave anything out for my own personal journaling reasons.  So bear with me....
Ahhh....Lake Powell...
Our favorite place to vacation.
It's heaven on earth.
Not a care in the world...
Just my little family and the warm water.
No cel phones, no t.v., no computers, etc...for 4 long summer days.
The kids rode the tube so much that the skin was worn off the back of their legs.
Chad and Eric cliff jumping...
If you ask the girls what their favorite thing to do was, they would all say cliff jumping.  They could not get enough of this trip...well except for Mia.  She would barely even get in the water.  
Just chillin' in the shade eating our lunch.  This was after Penny saved Reese's life...no really.
Beach day.  The kids love to beach.
This was the only day that Mia really liked.
After the first day on the water, we were all getting our suits back on and Mia asked where we were going?  We said back on the Lake.  She had a little meltdown.  She did not want to go back to "Lake Powell".
This was Mia's permanent spot...right in the bow of the boat.  We didn't have to worry about her bailing over the side.
This is Mia worn out from riding in the boat...(joke).  It's sunset and we are heading back to the dock.
I cannot journal about our trip without mentioning this little side note:
Haddi's operation by Dr. Eric.  The look on Penny's face should say enough.

A few other things I don't want to forget:
*S.O.S. text messages and
*Midnight rescues to the floating restrooms
*Bathroom breaks up Navajo Canyon (I won't mention any names)
*Someone swamping the tube (twice)
*Bribing red-shorts boy to "please for the love of Pete" help girl jump off cliff!
*Jake's awesome gainer (sp?)
*4 girls and their twitterpation
*Reese and her fingers and toes rubbed off
*Hot wings: 2 things...1) diving in-too hot ;) 2) "these really aren't that hot"
*Reese's favorite thing about Lake Powell...bdb

7 comments:

MegEddins said...

That pic of Chad and Eric cliff jumping was awesome! I hope we can go with you guys one of these years.

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Grinning.

Biorn Family Blog said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Need more details...I wanted to know about a "life saving" and an "operation" HAHA You guys have been doing the Lake Powell trad. for many years now..no?! Do you ever jump? I wouldn't even ever go off of Twin Bridges. I am such a big chicken! Guess who my girls' orthodontist is? Drs. Johnson and Jeff McMinn. Funny huh!

taggdarci said...

Next time you'll have to leave Mia to be Londyn's buddy, we can play dress up and tea parties all day. :o) Well...actually I think I'd rather join in on the fun. Glad you guys had a great trip...other than saving Reece and Had's ear. :o)

Nikki said...

So fun! Are you moved? Got your new email.

Brooke Bailey said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!
I'm with Camille... need more details on some of those stories.

And yes, are you moved in yet? Are you wearing blue & gold now?

Maximum Glutes said...

Floating restrooms?!? What was that like? Very cute pics :)