Tuesday, September 22, 2009

You never know what you're going to find....

These two share a room. Haddi is gone all week and Sis has been complaining about what a slob Haddi is...so yesterday I decided to DEEP clean it and organize it. I wanted to scream about half way through....

If anyone was wondering...There were about 20 hair ponies in that room...I found them everywhere! Why did I just buy a new packet? I didn't even try to count the bobby pins.

There were seriously 30+ pencils in that room. Every time someone (Sis and Had) tries to do their homework, they (Sis and Had) are complaining that we don't have any pencils....hmmmm....maybe that's because they were stashed in every odd place in your room. I also found knives and forks in that room. I found clothes that they have been looking for for months in their pajama drawer, under the bed, and stashed in the swimsuit drawer. I found a tube of toothpaste in a pencil box behind the night stand. I found an empty root beer bottle in Sicilee's drawer. I found a half gone, box of granola bars in Sicilee's pajama drawer! Seriously?!? What the heck?

The new and improved drawers in their closet. I hauled out 2 bags of garbage and 3 bags of clothes to the thrift store here in town. It's nice to go through things when they are not around to protest.
Mia had to get in the pictures....

I love these two!

5 comments:

Nate and Kelly said...

Deep cleaning is the absolute best!!! It feels so enlightening, like a fresh start! They're too young to appreciate it now, but in time...

I think I need a deep cleaning soon :)

Cassie said...

I agree! I love the feeling of deep cleaning.

So I'm thinking that somewhere in our blood lines my Mitch has a connection to Haddi. His dresser & bedroom is just like you described.
Are your other girls like Haddi? My other kids aren't as piggish as Mitch so it drives me crazy.

Battfam said...

And I thought it was just boys that had very interesting things in their rooms. Their room looked great after you cleaned it. What a mom!

granny janny said...

If I leave home, will you deep clean my room too??

nina said...

I,too have learned the art of deep cleaning while the cats are away... have you ever had you rvacuum clog and found that the blockage was about 70 bobby pins??? LOVE their room, btw.