Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sicilee (bless her heart)

Don't let this picture fool you...
These cookies do not taste good, although they may look ok, it is not so!

It's gotten to be somewhat of a family joke around here...Sicilee cannot cook.

Tuesday night Sicilee had to take a dozen cookies to mutual. I dropped her off at home and she assured me she could make "no-bake cookies" on her own. I cringed but what could I do, I was just coming from Indee's soccer game and on my way to "Back to school night". So I said a little prayer in my heart that the kitchen wouldn't start on fire and that her cookies would turn out ok...the whole time knowing that if they did turn out, it would be a miracle. I drop her off and my last words were "just follow the recipe card, do exactly what it says".
So instead of 2 Tablespoons of cocoa, she put in 2 Tablespoons of baking soda. Then she realized that the cookie mixture was suppose to be brown (chocolatey) and so she decided to melt some chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave and then mix them in. Does anyone see chocolate chips anywhere on this recipe card? Does anyone see melt peanut butter in the microwave on this recipe card? Does anyone see baking soda anywhere on this card?
Oh my goodness...another bowl full of ingredients (groceries = $$$) down the drain or rather scraped out of the bowl into the garbage. It's a good thing she is so talented in other ways...

7 comments:

MegEddins said...

Oh no! Not another kitchen disaster! No bakes sound really good right now, I might just have to make some.

Penny K said...

Thanks for the recipe Sis!

granny janny said...

Sis does play one mean volleyball game!!!!

taggdarci said...

My first thought when I read the title was, oh no, what did Sic try and cook this time. :o) Poor Sic, her intentions are so good! And she is so very talented that it makes up for these cooking incidents. :o) Love you Sic, and way to go for never giving up!

Myrnie said...

Bless her heart! She'll get it...someday. How old were you when you got the cookie making down? Can't really remember...

nina said...

I think I like her method. This way she always has her meals and treats prepared for her. Nice tactic..

Biorn Family Blog said...

Don't give up Sicilee; I know you'll get it someday! Thank you for the great laugh though! Great pictures too. Good thing you are so very beautiful and talented!