Friday, September 24, 2010

Mia...


 Mia turned 4 this month!
 It was just after we moved here...
and kind of anticlimactic.
But she was excited all the same for her MAKE-UP!!!
WAHOO!!!!
And what's a birthday at our house without a new Barbie?
 And look at that face...
(a little side note for Kelly...note the cake)
Happy Tu-To my Mia...My baby...why are you growing up? 
Why?  Why?

Ok, so all my girls have gone to preschool when they were 4 years old.
I was justifying not sending her "because we just moved" and "I don't know anyone who teaches".  But really I just wanted to keep her home with me for longer.  (selfish, I know)
But a part of me (a small part) wanted her to go and have that experience.  Sicilee, Haddi, and Indee all went.  Mia's scrapbook would be the only one that wouldn't have that "Pre-School" page in it.  And some years down the road would she ask me "Why didn't I go to Pre-School?"
    So.......
 We have to stand in sacrament meeting last Sunday because they received our records and they introduce us all.  Afterward, this nice lady that leads the singing with such zest for music comes up to us and asks if Mia is in Pre-School?
I reply no and give her my excuses...
She goes on to say that she teaches and she has an empty chair that someone backed out of.  She said that she has a waiting list of 15 kids but that none of them has seemed right to her and she's been praying about who should fill that spot.  And you guessed it....
 Mia was supposed to be in that spot...
She told me how much it was a month and that she could start the next day (Monday).  Then she said if I couldn't afford it that it would be free for her because that's how strongly she felt that Mia should be there.
And so then I began to pout a little and tell Mia that I didn't know what I was going to do without her while she was gone.  She replied that Trixie (our cat) would help me and be my buddy.
I'm still not quite sure what to think about Mrs. Onda K. Smith for ripping my baby from my arms.
(just kidding)
(I'm appreciative...especially with inspiration like that...I better not question her, in fact, maybe I should start consulting her on a regular basis...)  

10 comments:

Myrnie said...

Ahh...love that cutie-pie face! She's looking more and more like you every day! (That's a GOOD thing)

pharen said...

Preschool in Teton is soooooo much better.

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Good luck with Trixie I know how fond of each other you two are.

Cassie said...

Isn't it weird? BUT the first time I ran to the dentist all alone and then here & there REALLY QUICK I realized I might not have to be sad all the time. Just sometimes. :o)

Nikki said...

You are so cute! I was wishing chan could go more often!! But, he isn't my baby.

Kim said...

I wouldn't know what to do either. I would want to keep her. It is kind of hard to let your baby grow up. It's good that you have the cat to keep you company. I don't know what you could do while she's gone, hmmmmmm, maybe read a little. She is such a cutie. We miss you!

taggdarci said...

Oh Mia, you are getting to be such a big girl! I am glad she will have a "pre-school" page, cuz she's just tu-to cute not too. :) Best of luck with Trixie. :O)

Penny K said...

Testing. Testing.

Penny K said...

Testing Testing.

di said...

So sad for you but frankly, I'd get dog!!! (Maybe a little white one)!