Monday, February 22, 2010

Not keeping up so much...

The day started out great....
The weather was perfect, everyone was having a good time.
Me, Haddi, Sicilee, and Kadee piled on the tractor tire...

We got going really fast...(30+ mph, my dad was going beside us on his snow machine).  We got turned around...now we're going backwards...now we're hitting a bump...now everything goes black.
NOW I HURT!
NOW i REALIZE i'M OLD!
NOW i'M CRYING...

Turns out I tore my MCL (I really don't want to spell it out).  I bruised my femur.  The Dr. said it looked like someone hit it with a sledge hammer. (his exact words).  And on the MRI, my ACL (not spelling it out either) looked like it was in bad shape too.  But the good news...no surgury, just this big, bulky brace and physical therapy.


It has been a really long week...ugh.
Dr. said I had to stay off of my leg and keep it elevated.
Do you know what that entails?
A whole lot of nothing...
I was going crazy.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I was gonna call you today to see how it went. Woohoo for no surgery!!! Can I help you clean your house or something?

Battfam said...

Hang in there and don't go crazy. This too shall pass, or so they say.

Lucy said...

Wow, now I feel really bad for these skiers and snowboarders that fall in the olympics. And a sore knee hurts even when you try to turn around when you're sitting down. That snow isn't as soft and fluffy as you'd think! (no wonder I'm a wussy fair weather fan)

Penny K said...

I saw the hill on your Momma's blog......HOLY HILL! Pen

MegEddins said...

I'm so glad you don't have to have surgery! Maybe a few good books will help ease the boredom.

Cassie said...

ewwwww - that doesn't sound good at all. Good thing you have such good girls & hubby to take care of you.

nina said...

I think you should settle down a bit. How are we to go shopping we come to town??

Nate and Kelly said...

Taun! You're so hardcore :) I love it...