Monday, February 1, 2010

I think it's finally happening....

I think it is happening to me.  Sicilee might be turning on me and I think it's kind of funny.  We are chilling tonight, watching the grammys and The Dave Matthews Band comes on and I am loving it.  So Dave Matthews starts dancing (did anyone see it? wasn't it cool?  Kind of Elaine-ish?  I think that's why I liked it!) anyway....I comment.. .

Me:  "Oh he is cool"
Sicilee:  "Oh my Gosh, He looks retarded"
Me:  "are you being sarcastic?"
Sicilee:  "uh...ya, I am...duh?"
Sicilee:  "rewind it"
Sicilee:  "You like that?" (picture her saying this with a little sweet, sarcastic attitude...)
Me:  (grinning)
Sicilee: "You think that's cool, mom?"


 
Just a few more examples that she's turning against me...
She didn't think Adam Sandler was funny.  She asked me who Jon Bon Jovi was and she didn't know any of the lyrics to "Living on a Prayer".


I know this is a right of passage for all of us moms out there...to go through teenage years with our children and I'm looking forward to it.  I think it will be fun.  I am going to embrace it.  I say "bring it on".

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, it is fun. Until you want to smack them. But then it goes back to fun.
The best is when you know EVERY word to one of "their" songs (because it is really a remake of one of our songs) and they are like,"Wow, do you know all the words? How do you know this song?"
Ya, that's fun.

Myrnie said...

Brings back a vague recollection of someone else I know....and she turned out pretty darn okay!

Nikki said...

Just be happy you get to watch the grammy's with someone, even if they think you're lame. I have to watch things like 'Bully Beatdown' and 'Monster Jam' because I'm out numbered! Could Chad and I switch places every so often????

Lataun said...

Nikki, you can come hang with the girls any time. I'm sure Chad would trade you in a heart beat. We choose not to watch bully beatdown with him. I can't take it. ugh. Although, that host is pretty funny.

nina said...

I think that is what is happening at my house. Why can we watch Micheal Jackson dance and say it is cool, but if I dance I am retarded?? Who knows, but I was impressed Maddy has Journey on her IPOD. XOXO.

Nikki said...

ps--i went to high school with the announcer on bully beatdown. (bald guy)he's my sis's age. just wanted you to know i know someone "famous".

granny janny said...

How funny!!!! Before it is over you will find out that you don't know how to dress, cook, decorate, or give advice but hey, life is good and you manage to get through it. Hey, 41 years today----someone loves me!!!! Ha!