Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wicked witches and Valentine's Day

Do you remember the day you first saw your husband?

Mine was standing across the way. His cowboy hat was pulled down low. I could feel him watching me. Fast forward to an hour or so later. We are at a dance. "Why doesn't he ask me to dance? It's almost midnight."

I'm walking off the dance floor and behind me someone says "do you want to dance?" (it's about time!)

"AAHHHHhhhhh!!!! I'm melting! (like the wicked witch of the west, except I'm not evil and I don't live with flying monkeys)

It's him and my knees go weak.
(sorry, hope this wasn't too cheesy/corny/sappy/etc.) I would love to hear about the day you first saw your husband!

5 comments:

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Ohhhh that is sweet. Man my Mom has a pix of my Grandpa sitting on a horse and boy is there a likeness.

Bryce and Nancy K. said...

Hey Lataun, cute blog! Those Cowboys are hard to resist aren't they.

ave said...

The first time I saw Faren was the day after he got home from his mission. I walked into my apartment in Rexburg, and he was sitting on our couch with Les Blake, waiting to go to a Phish concert in Boise. He had on a white t shirt and jeans and his cool blue jacket that I loved, but of course, it's since been lost, just like all the jackets he's owned. (he has a weird thing about always losing his jackets- whenever he gets a new one, we try not to get too attatched because we know it'll be gone in a month.) Anyhoo, it wasn't love at first sight, but I always thought he was cool, and when my semi-skanky roommate said she was thinking about going after him... well, I had to pounce before it was too late. Mission accomplished.

Cassie said...

What a fun post. I love your story.

Growing up I had always known Layne, but until I got to college I never really "saw" him.

One day he came into my dad's store, were I worked, and I just thought WOW. Later that day my dad told his dad that I would love it if Layne would ask me out(with me standing there about dying of embarrassment)...and SIX months later he got up enough nerve.

Nikki said...

Love your story. Love Avery's story! I put mine on my blog a few days ago. You'll have to read it. Did you know Chris wore the whole cowboy get up when he was young? (Seems like such a long time ago. And funny.) I must say, there is something about those wranglers...