Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Upside...

I'm inspired by my friend Cassie's post a few months ago. So here's my post on the upside of my 4th sinus surgery in 3 years and 4 months:

1. Chad and I got to bond for about 6 uninterrupted days.

2. My mom came to visit me and pamper me (love her!).

3. I haven't had to cook for 9 + days.

4. I get to read whenever I want (If I can stay awake long enough).

5. I get to sleep in and no one calls me lazy.

6. Chad bought me a two week supply of my favorite chocolate cherry kisses.

I switched to a different doctor and hopefully some of the things that he wants to try and change up will be worthwhile. I'm optomistic and sticking to my new routines of sinus irrigation 3 times a day, hanging my head upside down over my bed and dropping steriod eye drops into my nose and letting it run to the top of my eyebrows 3 times a day, nasal sprays 2 times a day, and all my drugs. If I develop a twitch..please don't judge me. I have problems! The upside is "it could be worse, right?" When I woke up from surgery, the first thing I said was "I can still see."

7 comments:

The Carey's said...

I feel the same way about c-sections. In fact I am thinking I need to have another one just so I can catch up on my sleep. Hope your next surgery goes well. Bummer that you have to do it so often.

Nikki said...

Oh LaTaun! I am so sorry you have to go through this! I remember how miserable you were. Good luck! Take good care of yourself! Sounds like you have a few people who are. Nikki

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Taun, you know you are inspiring. Your kids are more put together and your house is cleaner than a healthy person.

Cassie said...

Ewww with anything sinus. I'm sorry you had to do that again. Good for you to get some me time and Chad time though. Yea for moms!

Lucy said...

Any kind of surgery repeated has got to be hard. Haven't experienced that myself, but Jay has. Those are good upside things to having surgery, but it's still got to be kind of tough. Glad you have such great help!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had to go through it again...I remember how hopeful you were before the last surgery. I hope this does the trick. Tell Chad "hi" for us. We miss you guys!!!

taggdarci said...

I'm glad that you can look at the "upside" considering this is your 4th surgery! I agree with Penny's comment - you are amazing! I hope that your new crazy routine will help! We've been thinkin about ya, I hope you're recovering quickly!