Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pinochle...not your grandma's game

I had to post about Pinochle and what it means to me. I love it. We only have one couple to play it with...they've been our friends since our college days at ISU. We used to spend the whole weekend playing. We'd stay up all night playing and sleep until noon the next day. Oh, how would it be? I have the best memories of this. We still get together a few times a year and the bantering starts all over about who is the best team.  Right now the girls are reigning champs.

I love Cash and Marisa and love to hang out with them. We didn't see each other for a few years, they were in Texas at Graduate School, but as soon as they moved back, we picked up right where we left off. I know I can call them, drop in, eat their food, crash on their couch, etc. and not worry about it. I love to hear their stories of family, jobs, and kids over the card table. We always have to have a 12 pack of Mountain Dew for Cash...we made that mistake once and still can't live it down :)

Sorry, this is the only picture I could find of you guys.

5 comments:

Brooke Bailey said...

Sweet. I didn't know you played pinochle. We love to play pinochle. Just hard to do with little ones always climbing all over wanting to hold the cards.

Lataun said...

Brooke! Let's Play! I know what you mean about kids...it seems we always play after they have gone to bed and we end up playing until the "wee" hours.

Nikki said...

Isn't it AWESOME to have friends like that! You are lucky! Hope you are well. Nik

Unknown said...

You guys rock, too. And for the record, the overall total score of games won is:
Girls: 10,290
Boys: 15,350

Just sayin'...

Marisa said...

Ahhh Taun!! I, as you know, am a LAME blogger and I almost missed your post!!! I'm honored to have made your blog!! There are only a handful of friends in a lifetime that you know you will be friends with through the eternities. You guys make the cut. ;)

Pinochle memories...wow, Jazz games in the Stockton to Malone heyday, Chad teaching me math-lol, getaways to Island Park, Cash getting baby Sis sloshed with Mountain Dew, and remember your Pocatello table with the break right down the middle? Ahhh, fond memories. I think we'll play until we're old and traveling around in some motor home years after Cash and Chad decide they're no longer young enough to do back flips on the wakeboard.

Love you guys!! Come visit soon!

p.s. I guess I need to get you an updated picture! :)